Topic: Tokyo Demons: Save Me/Don’t Save Me (Cherry Bomb short story) | Sparkler Monthly
× Try our new book subscription, Sparkler Ships! Get the April box or order all three!

A MONTHLY DIGITAL MAGAZINE OF COMICS, PROSE AND AUDIO

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Tokyo Demons: Save Me/Don’t Save Me (Cherry Bomb short story)

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Cherry Bomb Tokyo Demons: Save Me/Don’t Save Me (Cherry Bomb short story)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Lianne Sentar Lianne Sentar 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lianne Sentar
    Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

This is the thread for discussion of the Tokyo Demons Cherry Bomb short story Save Me/Don’t Save Me. Spoilers are expected for this story and through the end of Book 2, so beware!

You no longer need to be a Free Member to post; anyone can comment below. Rules of the forum are here.

Have fun!

Olivia Williams
    Olivia Williams
    Participant

I feel so stupid for not realizing this wasn’t included in the Cherry Bomb collection! I thought Once and Never Again was the entirety of the Tokyo Demons bonus material.

So that being said…wow. This certainly sated some of the curiosity I had about Sachi and Kado’s living circumstances after the end of Book 2. It’s interesting to see how far Kado has come, from a sobbing wreck to someone who has no problem bring harsh with Sachi for his own good. Either it’s character progression, or we finally get the chance to see what he’s like when he’s not manipulating people with his own weakness. (Or both.) On the other hand he seems to have regressed in terms of being okay with people touching him, but that’s not really surprising considering what Touya’s probably been doing to him every night.

Lianne Sentar
    Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

Whoops, missed this! Sorry. Thanks for the feedback. <3 People have been pinging me on social media about this story, but my favorite place for discussion is the forums. Feels so organized~.

Re: Kado progressing vs showing his true colors, this isn't a spoiler, but you're right that it's both. Kado's development arc is a very long one, and he's a very severe guy, so his reaction to a challenge is to either cower/hide or leap headfirst. So we're seeing a little bit of that here, in him making an extreme decision and following through...but I also wanted to give him more of the narrative now that the audience knows some of what he was hiding, because a lot of his real personality was hidden under lying and manipulation. I was honestly kinda worried that stuff would get lost in the books proper, plus Sachi getting an orgasm makes the readership happy, so boom! Cherry Bomb was the perfect answer.

(Yeah, the Cherry Bomb Collections are kinda confusing, since they're bind-ups of stuff to a certain date, and then we have stuff rolling out until we have enough for another bind-up. We should probably clarify that better!)

Lianne Sentar
    Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

Oh, and re: Kado regressing in the touching department, some of that is specific to 1.) men, 2.) Sachi, 3.) what’s going on with Touya, although I won’t spoil the details. Kado’s got this “physical revulsion” slider that goes up and down depending on the situation. He’s always had a low-level version of that revulsion because of his boundary issues (with his power), and it got worse after the rape, but the severity of it is contextual. He was better around Ayase because she was a safe space. :(

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.