× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Tokyo Demons Book 3: Chapter 4, Part 1 Discussion

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Tokyo Demons (prose and audio) discussion Tokyo Demons Book 3: Chapter 4, Part 1 Discussion

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Pachi —
    Keymaster

This is the thread for discussion of Tokyo Demons Book 3: Chapter 4, Part 1, released in Issue #023 of Sparkler Monthly. Prepare for spoilers for this chapter and prior ones!

You no longer need to be a Free Member to post; anyone can comment below. Rules of the forum are here.

To be honest, by the time you finish reading this chapter I don’t know if any of you will be able to have a coherent conversation.

Personally, I was screaming into my pillow a lot.

Anyway though, onwards to whatever discussion we can manage!

Holy shit.

Pachi —
    Keymaster

“Holy shit.” Sums up the chapter quite nicely, Olivia.

I’m freaking out about Ayase a bit. How much Ayase is even LEFT?

… Is she gonna have to breed her bugs to regenerate enough of her body?? Shit.

That’s the part that got me, too. I coerced a friend into subscribing and reading, and she just got to the part where Ayase attacks Daniel and Nick and can’t regenerate her arm. According to Jo, there’s about half of her left. Even if she can move wounds around, that’s not going to go well. She’s been shown to heal exceptionally quickly, but growing limbs back would probably be too much even for her. Not to mention…can her bugs breed? She’s only ever healed in her human form, but she might not be able to pull enough insects together to create a functioning human body.

On a related note: “No one could hear her. Not without Kadoyuki.” AKA, “you don’t know what you’ve got ’til it’s imprisoned in an apartment being strangled by Touya.” Way to shank all the OT3 shippers in the feels, Lianne.

Pachi —
    Keymaster

Yeah! I mean, from a couple chapters ago, we know that Ayase’s basically made up of buggy stem cells, but idk if she could like… make them multiply in any way? There’s no way she has enough bugs to make any semblance of a body right now, I don’t think. Not without getting into some supremely screwed up body horror and equipment that I’m pretty sure no one has.

Okay I’m getting into some weird scifi thoughts here.

On a related note: “No one could hear her. Not without Kadoyuki.” AKA, “you don’t know what you’ve got ’til it’s imprisoned in an apartment being strangled by Touya.” Way to shank all the OT3 shippers in the feels, Lianne.

THAT LINE DESTROYED ME. *clutches heart* I can’t handle these feelings. I can’t.

Also good job on bringing more people to the suffering side! :D So satisfying!

Also good job on bringing more people to the suffering side! :D So satisfying!

Yesss. It’s so hard to get people past those first few chapters and the writing style. I spend way too much time thinking about how to get more people into this fandom.

There’s no way she has enough bugs to make any semblance of a body right now, I don’t think. Not without getting into some supremely screwed up body horror and equipment that I’m pretty sure no one has.

I mean, I’d be down for some body horror, but that would be very unlike Tokyo Demons. And speaking of the OT3, imagine how Sachi would react if he and Kadoyuki were finally freed and he comes back to see Ayase and she’s…bugs. Permanently. Not that it’s going to happen in canon, but man would that make for some fantastic angst fic with all his issues surrounding insects.

But first he’s got to be freed, and since Touya is probably down for the count, it’ll be interesting to see how things turn out. I honestly have no idea how Kado’s going to get out of being strangled by someone with Pitch-enhanced muscles.

Pachi —
    Keymaster

Yesss. It’s so hard to get people past those first few chapters and the writing style. I spend way too much time thinking about how to get more people into this fandom.

The problem I have is people not wanting to suffer. Why don’t you want to suffer??

And speaking of the OT3, imagine how Sachi would react if he and Kadoyuki were finally freed and he comes back to see Ayase and she’s…bugs. Permanently.

Sachi very nervously holding an AyaseBee in his hands and reminding himself that it’s Ayase and being thankful that he can read her feelings still.

I think at this point, Kado would be pretty chill with AyaseBees on him?? He can hear her thoughts after all, which definitely helps.

But first he’s got to be freed, and since Touya is probably down for the count, it’ll be interesting to see how things turn out. I honestly have no idea how Kado’s going to get out of being strangled by someone with Pitch-enhanced muscles.

I kinda theorize that Kado’s goals are to make Touya go to the Church team since they do, in fact, have pitch. I’m not sure if Kado realizes this, but it would be easy enough to bait Touya into going.

Like right now I feel like Touya’s just gonna spontaneously pass out. He’s weak as hell, and adrenaline doesn’t go very far at all.

I think at this point, Kado would be pretty chill with AyaseBees on him?? He can hear her thoughts after all, which definitely helps.

He’s always been pretty chill with them, actually. And Ayase as well, at least more so than Sachi. (Poor Sachi.)

I kinda theorize that Kado’s goals are to make Touya go to the Church team since they do, in fact, have pitch. I’m not sure if Kado realizes this, but it would be easy enough to bait Touya into going.

Like right now I feel like Touya’s just gonna spontaneously pass out. He’s weak as hell, and adrenaline doesn’t go very far at all.

He could potentially just faint, but he seems coherent and focused enough in this instance to stick it out for the few minutes it would take to kill Kado.

As for Touya joining the Church…well, first of all I don’t think he’d be welcome. The Church has a tight-knit team, and trusting each other is a large part of why their dynamic works. Touya would be a thousand times worse than Nakajima as an ally. Even if he needs them to wean himself off the Pitch, what about after that? He’s too weak and borderline crazy to be an asset at the moment, and the second he healed he’d just break the allegiance. It certainly doesn’t seem to be in Kadoyuki’s plans, if “I lied” is any indication.

As a separate issue, what exactly is going to happen to Byakko after this? Miki’s almost guaranteed to be locked up and Takeshi’s dead. Mitsuko already said she isn’t interested in the guys’ side of things. I mean, with Zero gone there might not be a need to use Byakko as a weapon anymore, but it seems like a nasty way for things to end.

Pachi —
    Keymaster

Oh poop lemme clarify. By “Touya going to the church” I didn’t mean him joining them so much as being at their total mercy for WHATEVER they might choose to do. The idea behind it being “Well you’re DEFINITELY going to die without pitch, maybe the Church has it and WON’T kill you so you MIGHT live.”

So like, “you’re definitely going to die” vs “well you MIGHT live” from Touya’s POV. End goal for Kado entirely being getting out of the apartment, whether Touya lives or not. I do have some rereading to do though.

Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

Holy shit.

This is the greatest compliment I’ve ever received.

Way to shank all the OT3 shippers in the feels, Lianne.

No wait, this one.

Becky

(Man it has been so long since I have commented – it feels like an eternity That’s how powerful this starting chapter was! It made me realise I had to talk about this!)

This chapter – you were not kidding. When I finished reading it, my mind was practically blank from the initial overload of complete and utter emotional insanity and blackmail.

I can’t even tell how much of Touya’s perspective is still real or not real. His ability of seeing so many futures. My nails were practically in my palms as I read what Kado did (damn still can’t stop calling him Kado).

I can’t decide if it is bravery or just sheer madness. It is practically locking yourself with a wounded tiger, then again is a healthy tiger just as bad? With Touya in control of the imprisonment and then for him to lose control can Kado and Sachi free themselves?

Does Sachi even have a way to help?

That’s just one part of it.

Don’t even get me started on Ayase. The current relevations about her have raised up so many questions for me, but the sheer precision of their attack on her. I have to wonder the same things.

Can she restore herself from what she has? Can she control the multipication of her bugs? Can she even sustain a long time as bugs – someone else has already mentioned that she could in theory become permanently stuck in that form. I wonder what about her mental capacity?

It was already shown that her consciousness is affected by said destruction, with a big enough loss can she lose memories? Can she forget she is even human?

And the ending….ARGH the curses of being uptodate with this series. As bad as pitch addiction. I have to wait for the next “fix”.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.