× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Tokyo Demons Book 3: Chapter 3, Part 1 discussion

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Tokyo Demons (prose and audio) discussion Tokyo Demons Book 3: Chapter 3, Part 1 discussion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Leah Waig
    Participant

This is the thread for discussion of Tokyo Demons Book 3: Chapter 3, Part 1, released in Issue #019 of Sparkler Monthly. Spoilers up to and including this point are expected, so beware!

You no longer need to be a Free Member to post; anyone can comment below. Rules of the forum are here.

Have fun!

Okay, I’m tired so this probably isn’t going to come out all that coherently, but I am in love with this chapter. It always amazes me how much Lianne can cram into such a short update without it feeling forced.

First of all, I had a sudden flash of inspiration a while back in regards to Kado and how he’s planning to escape, or at least let Sachi escape. Hiding the condoms from Touya a few instalments ago makes total sense if you consider he absorbs powers via body fluids. I’m guessing he’s also going to start taking Pitch, if he hasn’t already. It fits in with his self-destructive way of fighting, and let’s face it: if there’s an awful thing that can happen to Kado, it will. Especially with all the foreshadowing about keeping psychics away from the stuff.

Now, let’s move on to the happy(?) things! Like Nick potentially waking up, which is a relief. Like Mitsuko being her wonderfully unique self, using her powers of seduction and manipulation to trick people…into doing what’s best for themselves. Like Miki actually admitting Jo has earned his trust. I like Miki, but he always seemed a bit static in comparison to the rest of the cast. He needs to show his squishy bits more often. Plus, I never thought I’d see the day where Jo demurely plays peacemaker. He’s come a loooong way.

Anyways, it’s 11 at night and I have homework to do now that I’m not checking the website every four minutes to see if it’s updated, so I will post my thoughts on the rest of the chapter tomorrow. Preview: “Squee! Squee! Squee—OH SHIT.”

Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

Aw. Thank you, Olivia! XD

Your deductions regarding Kado’s plan are VERY INTERESTING. :D Those little Touya POV scenes are packed with clues about a lot of stuff, and I’m not surprised you’re one of the astute readers picking up on them.

I agree with you on Miki being static – he totally is, almost painfully so – and that shit is going to BLOW soon. The crux of Miki’s personality is his loyalty. It’ll drive him through the next few story updates, which are going to be intense. And you reminded me that I forgot to hyperlink to the Miki Date CD in this new chapter (just fixed it), since that includes some key Miki backstory elements that better round out his feelings about his parents and Mitsuko.

Like Mitsuko being her wonderfully unique self, using her powers of seduction and manipulation to trick people…into doing what’s best for themselves.

Wow, way to nail her characterization, ha ha! XD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.