× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Tokyo Demons Book 3: Chapter 2, Part 1 discussion

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Tokyo Demons (prose and audio) discussion Tokyo Demons Book 3: Chapter 2, Part 1 discussion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

This is the thread for discussion of Tokyo Demons Book 3: Chapter 2, Part 1, released in Issue #016 of Sparkler Monthly. Spoilers up to and including this point are expected, so beware!

You no longer need to be a Free Member to post; anyone can comment below. Rules of the forum are here.

Have fun!

Ah, nothing like a dose of Nakajima being badass to make one’s day. (Cold, calculating, and emotionally withdrawn, certainly, but still badass.) It’s also interesting to see Touya finally getting the development he needs to seem like an actual person, not an enigmatic supervillain. His breakdown might be sad if it weren’t so infinitely satisfying to see him losing control over people for once. My desire to keep up so I can discuss new chapters in the forums is beginning to war with my usual habit of hoarding story updates until I can marathon the volume in one glorious rush.

Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

Ha ha, I’m happy to have you during serialization, Olivia. <3 You're always posting in various threads of the Sparkler forum and it's wonderful.

In terms of importance to the series, Touya ranks right below Ayase and Jo, so it was finally time to give him his own extended perspective. He's such a horrible person that I don't expect people to sympathize with him, but eh. He's an abused teen like the other kids and has his own (awful) ways of coping, which I think is fun, because I like exploring things that are horrible! :D (In case you can't tell from this series and its perpetual misery.)

Nakajima's gonna take center stage these next few chapters, because she's piiiiiissed.

Ha ha, I’m happy to have you during serialization, Olivia. <3 You’re always posting in various threads of the Sparkler forum and it’s wonderful.

Well, now I have to stick around, don’t I? :p

I remember you mentioning before (I don’t precisely recall when) that Book 3 is going to be Touya’s story the same way Book 1 was Kiyoshi’s and Book 2 was Kadoyuki’s. Considering how much I loved the characters by the end of those, I’ll give a non-committal “hmm” to Touya. I don’t think I could ever forgive him, but I do want to learn why he’s become what he is.

Nakajima’s gonna take center stage these next few chapters, because she’s piiiiiissed.

Now that’s what I like to hear. :D

Chris

Oh god, I ship Touya and Kado.

That’s so unhealthy. I swear I would never condone a relationship anything like that in real life, but I can’t help pitying Touya.

Is there even a way for a relationship with a past like that to be healthy? I don’t know.

Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

Hey, as long as the line between fiction and reality is nice and thick, and no one thinks I’m romanticizing that kind of abuse, ship whatever makes you happy. *lol* You’re not the first reader to be into those guys, dysfunction and all. There’s certainly…history there.

Now I’m wondering if you’ve read the Touya scene in Chapter 3, Part 1 yet. :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.