× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Sparkler Podcast #01

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Sparkler Podcast Sparkler Podcast #01

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by sparkler sparkler 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lianne Sentar
    Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

We launched our new Sparkler Podcast series in Issue #010 of Sparkler Monthly as a subscriber exclusive. We’re hoping to do more of these in the future, especially so we can get our creators in on the discussion! (Similar to our series of Tokyo Demons Audio Free Talks.)

Thank you for participating in our last call for podcast questions! Feel free to leave suggestions, questions, or comments for future podcast episodes in this thread.

(Rules of the forum are here. Only registered users/subscribers on the Sparkler site can comment, but if you don’t fall into either camp, you can sign up for a free registration now!)

okaykarendraw
    Participant

Horray! I love listening to podcasts. It never occurred to me until now that a majority of the podcasts on the internet are hosted by dudes, so it is especially refreshing to hear a group of smart enthusiastic women share their opinions.

Outside of the manga/anime realm I’d be interested in what movies/TV shows/books/etc the Sparkler crew are currently into.

I’ve been gnawing at the concept of talent and it might be a good topic for a future episode. Is talent an innate trait in a creator, the x-factor that you either have or don’t? Or is it something more accessible, a honed skill after years of trial and error? I think the popular opinion is shifting towards the latter, but I wonder if it’s a combination of both: a potential within someone that can be fully realized if you put in the time and work. Who knows?? I’d be very curious to hear another take on the nebulous subject.

sparkler
    sparkler
    Keymaster

Oh boy, those are really good topics, thank you! I’ll definitely add them to our next podcast agenda!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.