× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Shut In Shut Out Discussion

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Pachi —
    Keymaster

This is the discussion thread for Lianne Sentar and dee Juusan’s short comic “Shut In Shut Out,” from Issue #020 (March 2015) of Sparkler Monthly.

If you’ll pardon me, I’m going to sit here and have feelings now.

I’m weak to short, sweet writing and gorgeous art.

caporushes
    Participant

This is a side story for something else, right? Dead Endings, right…? I haven’t read it yet (eep), but this was so cute. ; _ ; It punched me straight in the heart, oh my gosh. And dee Juusan knocked the art right outta the park, as usual. All the little “acting” moments of the characters were really good, it made the story feel so much more solid. I loved it. ♥

Pachi —
    Keymaster

As far as I know, this doesn’t tie into Dead Endings at all (which you should totally read soon because it’s one of my fave things that Sparkler’s run).

I so, totally understand that heart punching feeling though. The pain is so worth it though.

Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

This story is totally standalone, actually–dee and I wanted to collaborate on a one-shot that could be read in a vacuum (bubble? :D), so this is separate from the other projects we have going. I’m so glad you liked it!

(And isn’t dee’s art and visual storytelling incredible? She’s an architect, so her buildings are fantastic, but she draws the best faces and body language. Her webcomic Grey Is… is basically just BOYS HAVING FEELINGS ALL THE TIME and it will TEAR YOUR HEART OUT.)

BTW, regarding Dead Endings–you’re probably thinking of the short comic Scotty is working on (and we’ve all been teasing lately). That’s actually going to be the Member Exclusive next month. :)

caporushes
    Participant

Oh okay!! I thought I’d gotten something mixed up in my brain, good to know I was 100% right (on being wrong). I mean either way it was very charming and great and I loved it. ♥♥♥ Ehehe.

You’re killing meeee!!!!!!!! Please tell me there’s more :3

AnxiousA
    Participant

AH!!!! This story was so sweet! The visual story telling hit me right in the middle of my art hand’s heart!!! <3

corinthian
    Participant

A cute story, with awesome art! It kind of hits me personally, as I have a girlfriend with some anxiety issues. Great job making the feels as usual, Lianne!

dee32693
    Participant

I love this! It’s so…real. And cute by the end :))) Sry I dont have anything constructive to say QQ

joichi
    Participant

Glad I picked up ‘Shut in Shut out’ it was a great comic! love the sweet story writing and a great way to utilize the gaming system to connect with the characters relationship. Nothing felt out of place. And I saw the subtle background.. and thought, is that Toronto?! (I’m from Toronto, so that was a pleasant surprise)

I love the writing and ‘interaction guy talk’ of Rashid, Bo and Chris made me smile. The ending made me double-click, thinking there was a continuation xD The torment but the ache was great.

Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

So glad you guys liked this story, heh. <3 We might have a little more news about it soon... *cough*

Nick H

Here’s another amazing story! This site is a blessing to my bored mind lol. Comics provide a much more realistic feel for me when it comes to reading! I hope to see more!

My name is…

Honestly, this story really touched me, as I’m in high school and I got diagnosed with Social Anxiety a while ago. I’ve read a lot of web comics and manga that say the story feature characters with anxiety or depression and they end up butchering it. I can relate to a lot in this story, so I absolutely loved it. Good job you two!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.