× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Off*Beat Chapter 14 discussion

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Off*Beat Discussion Off*Beat Chapter 14 discussion

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

This is the thread for discussion of Off*Beat Chapter 14, released in Issue #002 of Sparkler Monthly.

Rules of the forum are here. Only registered users on the Sparkler site can comment, but you can sign up for a free registration now at http://sparklermonthly.com/membership-checkout/

Have fun!

The moment where Colin looks up and all the cats are around him… they’re like “TELL HIM!!!!” Another great chapter and still more surprises (and I forgot about Tory having a cold with everything that’s happened). That one day took 7 years to play out end to end but it was so worth the wait :) It’s also nice to see Tory recognize and try to better himself. I wonder if Colin was happy surprised when Tory “misspoke” about being together :P

h.chris901
    Participant

When Tory noted what color Colin’s underwear was, I was just like “Ok he finally get its.”

snowylocks
    Participant

First you slap him in the face, and then you leave him hanging like that ? Poor Tory.
    Really liked the scene with his mom, and always great to see Paul again.
    Dunno what it is with this comic, but I adore every single character in it.

And you know what, even with the underwear thing and “do you like me”, I’m still not entirely sure he gets it.

pandycanes
    Participant

What I really love about this comic is how it shows the relationships between Tory and the other characters, instead of just a really narrow view of only the relationship between him and Colin. I really liked his mother’s emotional breakdown, and his realization that he’s really hurting his mother. I just thought it was sweet as heck. I’m so happy that off*beat got picked up again. So happy.

JenLeeQuick
    Participant

wonder1440: Ah yes! It’s been so long that it’s easy to forget stuff like Tory’s cold! I have to keep trying to double check myself of details like the tones of their shirts and patterns on Colin’s cats.
    h.Chrisgo1: That was one of the small things I added in the 2012 version of the script!
    snowylocks: I’m glad you like the scenes with side characters, as well as the main characters. I don’t think Tory would feel like a complete character without them?
    pandycanes: Thank you for your continued interest and support for this story! I know it’s been such a long time coming!!

Gitona
    Participant

So it’s been quite a few years since we left off with Colin punching Tori and wondering…what’s next? I can definitely tell that there is a new vibe to the whole story. It’s not bad but it did leave me feeling a bit confused. I found Colin so awkward hehe. Tory was Tory for the most part. I don’t know. Maybe I just need to realize that both of them are feeling the ~tension~ haha I’m a little befuddled by the Gaia Project. I never really did care what it turned out to be. My focus has always been on the relationships of the characters.

I am so happy that Quick has finally been able to continue Off*Beat. The first two volumes have been sitting on a dusty shelf for many years. I almost cried when I found this site and was able to pick them up and dust them off. I look forward to the next chapter!

mizushimo
    Participant

Soooo, I guess you can’t read chapter 14 without a paid subscription? Is that how Off*Beat is going to work? Every other chapter will be restricted access?

Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

misushimo:

Yeah. For most Sparkler series, first chapter and current chapter are free to read (after the 1-week hold for subscribers when it’s first released, ala Crunchyroll), everything else is behind the paywall. Gauntlet and Dire Hearts are like this, too. There are a few exceptions to this:

Tokyo Demons started as a free serial and was partially funded by a Kickstarter, so other than that 1-week hold, it’s always free to read.

-Due to technical complications of restricted streaming audio, the audio series (including Awake) are always free to stream after the 1-week hold.

The good news is the entire paywall is one unit, so you can buy a one-month subscription and it’s all-you-can-read of everything for a month…including Vol 1-2 of Off*Beat, the middle chapters of all series, the subscriber exclusives, the one-shots behind the paywall (which is where Maiden and the Fish is going in January), etc.

Sorry, I know it’s complicated!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.