× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Off*Beat Chapter 13 discussion

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Off*Beat Discussion Off*Beat Chapter 13 discussion

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

This is the thread for discussion of Off*Beat Chapter 13, released in Issue #001 of Sparkler Monthly. 

Rules of the forum are here. Only registered users on the Sparkler site can comment, but you can sign up for a free registration now at http://sparklermonthly.com/membership-checkout/

Have fun!

Pachi —
    Keymaster

I’m so happy right now. It’s been so long and finally, I’ll see the end of this series! Which is both good and bad because I want a resolution but at the same time, I really enjoy Off*Beat and don’t want it to end. Oh I’m conflicted.

Thanks for serializing this, Sparkler!

As for the chapter itself, I feel a lot of anticipation. I’m excited. I hit the “next page” button repeatedly despite knowing that there’s not another chapter yet.

Finally, we learn things about Gaia. It’s been worth the wait.

sparkler
    Keymaster

Glad to hear you’re enjoying it! Isn’t Chapter 13 adorable? It actually fits in Gaia info (and teasers) as well as tons of feelings. Our comics editor is keeping things pretty secret, so the rest of us are dying to see the rest of Volume 3 as well!

Murasakivie
    Participant

You know, I was actually a bit worried going into this new chapter! It had been so long since we had that cliffhanger of a chapter ending, and there was so deep of a want for a continuation that I wondered if it would live up to the hype I had built up for it after all this time and… IT DID!

Goodness, what a great comic this is! This chapter was really suspenseful in a quiet sort of way that I couldn’t stop reading even for a beat! I could feel myself on the edge of my seat reading through the whole thing, and I can still feel that tension right up to the ending! I can’t wait for next months issue– Thank y’all so much for publishing this comic for us!

Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

You’re welcome! :D Honestly, a lot of us on staff couldn’t help but worry a little, too, since we’d built up this chapter for so long in our heads that we were afraid we were over-inflating it. But then we read the chapter and felt exactly the same as you. :) Jen really is a master.

A manga blogger did an advance review of it and said basically the same thing: http://mangabookshelf.com/41850/off-the-shelf-cats-rats-first-love/

snowylocks
    Participant

Had high expectations. They were met.

animatorwannabe
    Participant

It’s no nice being able to finish another chapter in a series that was forgotten by some, but not all.
    This chapter really gives me hope that the comic will all come together in a few more short chapters.
    I’m glad to know that most of the fans are agreeing as well. I cannot wait for the next few releases.
    But then again, I’ve waiting this long. xD What’s another few months or so? Let’s keep the fan base strong everyone!
    ~Christian B. (yaoi4evandnevayuri on deviantart)

Sner2000
    Participant

I like it! I want more!!

h.chris901
    Participant

At last we get some answers! For the past seven years I’ve been running so many scenarios in my head about the true nature of Gaia and Colin’s relationship to Dr. Garretts. It’s nice to finally have some concrete and canon answers to so many unanswered questions. Judging by some of Tory’s expressions it seems like he finally might be starting to realize exactly the true nature of his feelings for Colin. It’s like he’s “I finally have my answers, yet there’s still something more that I want.” or something along those lines. The fact that Tory initiated the contact indicates he’s finally in tune with his feelings. I guess we’ll find out soon! What do you guys think?

JenLeeQuick
    Participant

Hello!
    Just wanted to say thanks for the feedback and I’m really happy (and relieved!) with the positive feedback so far! It was really pretty nerve wracking to considering how long it’s been since book 2 was originally published. Thanks so much for the support and I hope you continue to enjoy the future chapters!

Im so glad the story continues, and the fact that its coming out just a bit at a time builds up the anticipation! Chapter 13 was well worth the wait! It surprised me, because in ALL the scenarios played out in my head, the fact that Colin has questions about the Gaia Project himself was never one of them!!!

JenLeeQuick
    Participant

hopefully I still have a few tricks up my sleeve ;)

Sebastian

Man, I decided to power my way through this comic in one night, since I like your other stuff so much, and I just hafta take a minute to say I am absolutely in love with the way you draw trees! Okay back to reading! XD

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.