× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Mahou Josei Chimaka (including teaser!)

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Short stories in Sparkler Monthly Mahou Josei Chimaka (including teaser!)

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    corinthian
    Participant

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. And that transformation phrase… I can’t wait for the next chapter!

KAIJU
    Participant

Hehe thanks corinthian! 。゚✶ฺ.ヽ(*´∀`*)ノ.✶゚ฺ。 We can’t wait to share the next chapter!

caporushes
    Participant

I want the next chapter nooooow why do I have to wait like a reasonable person!!

KAIJU
    Participant

Haha XD We want the next chapter now too!! <3

gnawylime
    Participant

i looooooove this

KAIJU
    Participant

Hehe thanks gnawylime! ^^ working hard on the next part!

caporushes
    Participant

Yay more Chimaka! I just love the art for this so much. ; v ; Pip’s so so charming and cute! Also, I love all the attention to detail on their outfits right down to their accessories. That’s something I love about shojo/josei manga that even most manga-influenced Western artist’s don’t really do much of, grounding the characters by what their wearing. You get a real sense of both Chimaka and Pip’s personalities just from their choice in earrings/necklaces! I love it. ♥

KAIJU
    Participant

Yay! Thanks Caporushes! So glad you liked this chapter! :) We had a ton of fun with their outfits and all the different environments in this chapter. Pip is sort of like Ms.Frizzle when is comes to picking out her accessories haha! Chimaka on the other hand likes little things here and there, not to mention lots of frills and lacy things. That’s one thing that stayed with her from her magical girl days. ;D

Saruta

This is awesome and I’ve been waiting for this a few years or so. “What happens to the magical girls when they grow up” is always an interesting question. (Assuming this is not Madoka, of course).

And you are doing it with STYLE. Yeah, there really was an ozone layer scare 15 years ago, right? You totally used it. And lots of other stuff too. *And* you are also apparently playing the yurifans, who tend to like the more mature-style magical girl shows (and the shows play them, or to be more honest “us”, too).

KAIJU
    Participant

Thanks Saruta! We’re so glad you’re enjoying it! :) We’d like to say more but we’re afraid of accidentally spoiling! I will say that we have been thoroughly enjoying the genre and the relationships that have developed in the writing process and we can’t wait to share the last chapter! (just a few more days!) :)

corinthian
    Participant

I can’t believe I fell two issues behind… The ending was super cute! I don’t know how you managed to make an eye look like it was laughing, but you did.

gnawylime
    Participant

This was … so perfect…

KAIJU
    Participant

Thanks so much Corinthian and Gnawylime!! We’re so happy you enjoyed “Chimaka”!! ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆

(sorry for the super late reply!)

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.