× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Gauntlet: Chapter 6 discussion

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Gauntlet discussion Gauntlet: Chapter 6 discussion

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

This is the thread for discussion of Gauntlet Chapter 6, released in Issue #007 of Sparkler Monthly.

Rules of the forum are here. Only registered users on the Sparkler site can comment, but you can sign up for a free registration now at http://sparklermonthly.com/membership-checkout/

Have fun!

Serene
    Participant

I’ve only had time to read one page of chapter 6 so far. I absolutely DO NOT trust August. I like him so far, but I’m convinced he’s evil or at least working with the bad guys. You can’t have something so perfect in a world of horrors without doing something evil to get it. I’m just waiting for him to betray Clio somehow.

I’m kinda confused about the setting, though. Are they now in a cluster of buildings surrounded by a wall in the middle of the bigger Gauntlet city? Or did they exit that city and enter a new adjacent one somehow? Or are they just in one very large building that August owns?

sora1027
    Participant

As the chapter goes on, I get the same feeling you do. I like him, but there’s something off about him too.

As far as the setting, that’s a great question. It didn’t even occur to me where it was located. Interesting indeed.

Tacto

You can’t trust anyone in the Gauntlet, right? ;)

The setting is very intriguing – if we assume that this is a world without magic (which seems to be the case), then Gauntlet being so large seems highly unlikely in a realistic world (it is an abandoned building in the middle of the city in the beginning). That and other elements point to it being actually set up in Clio’s head (how that happened and who/why is doing that is the question).

What is a bit surprising to me is Clio’s reaction to the Gauntlet and people in it (August in particular) – after a near-to-death scare as she entered the place and the following days/weeks (?) that she spent with Brit trying to survive, she is extraordinarily un-wary of new places and new people.I would probably be asking everyone new the same question as soon as I see them: “what IS the Gauntlet?!! what is going on here???!!”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.