× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

For Peace (short story)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by joichi joichi 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

This is the thread for discussion of the short story, “For Peace,” the first chapter of which is running in Issue #016 of Sparkler Monthly. Part 2 will be released in our February issue, and then the story will be concluded in Part 3 in April. Spoilers are expected, so beware!

You no longer need to be a Free Member to post; anyone can comment below. Rules of the forum are here.

Have fun!

Okay, I’ll get this party started: The fact that Lillie is my family nickname had absolutely no bearing on why I wanted us to publish this story. I swear. :-) (No one calls me Lillie except relatives and the kids I taught that one time at performing arts camp.)

Chapter 1 was BeBe’s story, but chapter 2 (slated for January) will focus more on Lillie’s side of things. And then chapter 3…you’ll just have to wait and see! ^_^

Oh, and one of the things I particularly loved about seeing this story come together is that not only does Alexis draw awesome trucks (vehicles are hard!!), but she draws all these lovely flowers along the panel borders, too! Noveau-shojo-fusion FTW.

Tacto
    Tacto

I can’t believe it has been so long and I am so behind on Sparkler’s awesomness.. TT__TT
    BUT!!! I wish I could send you cookies (I won’t, I’m a sucky cook) to express my excitement about the stories you support. I had loved “Dinner Ditz” and became Alexis’ fan ever since, but this story is even better.. I don’t even know where to start.. It ooses feelings in every panel, in every look the characters give each other.. The setting of Bebe being a truck driver is just amazing (not only because trucks are hard to draw, but b/c it is a real job, a hard one and seeing it in a comic story just makes the story feel even more real and true). The storytelling, the art, the theme, everything comes together so beautifully.. and seriously.. how on Earth do you come with such cute names, Alexis?? XD (Lillian, I will snicker every time I meet you from now on, thinking of Lillie :D :D )

Wonderful work – so looking forward to ch 2 and 3!

KAIJU
    KAIJU
    Participant

Argg this story is so cute!! And yes, I always LOVE the names you have for your characters! Loving the themes and the unique look into trucking and gosh- the characters!! I always end up falling for the side characters (Bill was my fav in Dinner Ditz) and now I’m loving Paul and Bebe’s young admirer! Not to say I don’t love the main characters too- when Bebe turned into the wolf in the dream I was like-

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Hotara/media/Screenshot2014-11-11at14200PM.png.html

Really looking forward to the next chapters. And can’t wait to see Lillie’s perspective! :D

BeBe’s young admirer has my favorite name of the bunch, actually. He’s Limon. :-) (Hence, “Lemon Drop.”)

AnxiousA
    AnxiousA
    Participant

SOB!
    I’m so happy ya’ll are enjoying For Peace! I’ve been so hyped to work on this story!
    Also glad to hear Bill is so loved (His my favorite, shhh! Don’t tell Peregrine!).

I’m supper excited for everyone to meet Lillie more in chapter two!!

joichi
    joichi
    Participant

It’s a 4-year late post, but I want to say I enjoy reading For Peace comic! Bebe is such a fun girl and her internet ‘gf dream’ was funny, when you are anxious to meet someone and they are just an avatar head. Thanks for Dinner Ditz too!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.