× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Dusk in Kalevia: short comic (The Range) discussion

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Dusk in Kalevia discussion Dusk in Kalevia: short comic (The Range) discussion

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Angeline Mauri Angeline Mauri 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lianne Sentar
    Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

This is the thread for discussion of the Dusk in Kalevia short comic “The Range” (by Angeline Mauri), released in Issue #013 of Sparkler Monthly. Spoilers up to and including this point are expected, so beware!

You no longer need to be a Free Member to post; anyone can comment below. Rules of the forum are here.

Have fun!

Tacto
    Tacto

LOVED LOVED LOVED it!! :D
    I have to say Emily’s writing and Angi’s style just fit so perfectly.. I really love those short but delicious bits of side story that let you feel a bit more of the characters that we already love.. Angi, I loved how you portrayed Toivo – his tender side translates so so well (and loved the reading the thoughts effect – works great!). So cool! I wish there would be much more of this.. such a treat ^___^ Great work, ladies!

I just noticed I used the word “love” about a dozen times here… strong feels! XD XD

gomidog
    gomidog
    Participant

I’m so happy you think so! This was kind of a last minute script on my part, but it’s Angi’s art that really sells it! I love the way she draws Toivo, and for a character that is introduced for such a brief time, I think she put a lot of charm into Agent O’Conner. It is a funny, recursion-like impulse to want to draw fanart of someone’s art of your own characters, but that’s just what I want to do when I get more free time!

Tacto
    Tacto

Ahahahhaa!! I totally understand about the fanart! XD I’d love to see that myself! :D
    I couldn’t have told that it was a last minute script, but I also think that you have a real gift for writing and striking that right measure of positive and negative emotions. Agree completely about agent O’Conner too – both him and Toivo came out very human in a very short space.. Keep up the wonderful work! ^^

Angeline Mauri
    Angeline Mauri
    Participant

Okay, I got up my bravery to check in here…

And lovely, beautiful, precious, wonderful Tacto has left something nice!!! Thank you so much, lovely!

I had so much fun with this script and with Emily, Lianne, and Lillian. I was ‘nigh obsessive with historical research ^^;;;;;
    And I had a lot of fun showing the pensive-ness in Toivo (and messing up his hair, too.)

Since this was a quick project for me, too, coming up with the new character designs…I defaulted O’Conner to something like my younger brother (he is my fall back for a generally congenial and handsome young man ^^; Tall, too @_@;) and plopped a 60’s rock star’s hairdo on top. the other fell to a combination of my male cousins with the italian/Spanish backgrounds and how they look with their curly hair and energetic faces<3
    (one is serving in the air force, right now, actually. *knock on wood*)

So, I’m saying I’m glad that drawing from my family appearances went over well for these guys, and glad you enjoyed them ^^; I had a bout of stage fright during the creation process, but I’m very relieved it came out well in the end.

Thank you for reading and thank you for commenting!

~Angi<3

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.