× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Dusk in Kalevia: Chapter 4 discussion

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Dusk in Kalevia discussion Dusk in Kalevia: Chapter 4 discussion

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

This is the thread for discussion of Dusk in Kalevia Chapter 4, released in Issue #009 of Sparkler Monthly.

Rules of the forum are here. Only registered users/subscribers on the Sparkler site can comment, but if you don’t fall into either camp, you can sign up for a free registration now!

Have fun!

Tacto

This novel is simply EXCELLENT.. I somehow missed the previous chapter – so got a double treat this time. I love everything about this – from the skillful and evocative writing, to extremely compelling characters, to the mysterious plot with a hint of supernatural, to the promise of something even bigger from Demyan and Zophiel’s past. Not to mention the very thorough depiction of a “comrade” country’s mood and reality..
    Please keep this up for a loooong time! :D Absolutely loving this.

Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

I’m happy to say this book is a long one, and is scheduled to run for pretty much all of 2014. :D Isn’t it awesome? And Toivo and Demyan haven’t even bumped into each other yet! XD

I can’t get over Demyan. He’s SO FUNNY to me. He’s one of those dark, mysterious figures, yet he’s constantly stamping his feet and whining, “I wanna find the aaaaaangel!” I love how he figures out that Vesa is part of his prophecy, so he essentially yells “Mine!” and throws Vesa in the backseat of his car.

Never change, you saucy dark angel.

gomidog
    Participant

Oh my gosh, thank you so much, Tacto! Are you going to TCAF for comics stuff, BTW? (I’m assuming you’re the same Tacto who does indie comics with Bento.)

Edit: Also, I think that Demyan seems to be the breakout character from this novel. Everyone (myself included) is happy when Demyan is in a scene, I think.

Tacto

@ Lianne: hmmm… interesting. For my part, I didn’t perceive Demyan as “whiny” – more like fiercely, passionately driven to his counterpart, which makes him very appealing (yes, I am a hopeless romantic, sue me >:D )

@gomidog
    : You are very welcome! – Thank you for creating such a wonderful story (I am picky about stories and it’s a real treat when I find one that I really like – which, I have to say, has been happening a lot with Sparkler’s lineup! :D ) As for TCAF, I have been wanting to go for several years, but can’t make it this spring – high hopes for 2015 though! ^^

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.