× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Dusk in Kalevia: Chapter 12 discussion

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Dusk in Kalevia discussion Dusk in Kalevia: Chapter 12 discussion

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by gomidog gomidog 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Leah Waig
    Leah Waig
    Participant

This is the thread for discussion of Dusk in Kalevia Chapter 12, released in Issue #020 of Sparkler Monthly. Spoilers up to and including this point are expected, so beware!

You no longer need to be a Free Member to post; anyone can comment below. Rules of the forum are here.

Have fun!

Goddammit, why did I read that when I knew I was in for a cliffhanger with the finale right around the corner? Now I have to suffer for another month or more.

It’s hard not to be frustrated with Vesa this chapter, but at the same token it’s easy to see why he’s such a mess. He’s under a ton of stress, and nothing’s quite adding up. It makes sense he’d doubt what he’s seeing now that the impossible’s happened numerous times.

Speaking of the impossible, it feels great to see the angels finally go all-out with their powers. Since we’re usually locked into their points of view, watching them struggle, it never quite came across how inhuman they were. The chapter illustration emphasizes it: they’re strong and ancient powers, and boy, are they mad.

gomidog
    gomidog
    Participant

Oh gosh, yes, Vesa is such a fool sometimes. He’s a sheltered teenager just trying to deal with the fact that he is in way over his head, and has spent part of the past week in a hole in the ground getting all Stockholm-y.

…I feel kind of bad for how often the Demyan and Toivo get hurt. I suppose if you have magical healing powers, you may as well use them for dramatic effect.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.