× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Dinner Ditz (short story)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by joichi joichi 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

This is the thread for discussion of the short story Dinner Ditz, part 1 of which released in Issue #009 of Sparkler Monthly. Part 2 (the conclusion!) will be released in our May issue. Spoilers are expected, so beware!

Rules of the forum are here. Only registered users on the Sparkler site can comment–which includes you if you have a paid subscription and are logged in–but newbies and casuals can sign up for a free registration now at http://sparklermonthly.com/membership-levels/

Have fun!

Mina
    Mina
    Participant

Wow, that was really cute and super super manga-esque, like, in every way!

Tacto
    Tacto

I absolutely loved this.. the story is shining because of the absolutely loveable characters – all of them are really attaching. The art is beautiful and very expressive and unique. I realized only a while after finishing reading that it is actually a stand-alone short story – it came to life so completely that I was about to write “I can’t wait for the next chapter” – I would like to know more about how things turn out for all of them. And Lottie Dottie? I think it’s the most adorable name ever.. ^_____^

Lianne Sentar
    Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

@tacto – Actually, it’s a two-part short story! So next month you’ll get another chapter (the conclusion).

I think I literally giggled and clapped my hands when I saw the name “Lottie Dottie” for the first time. Adorbs~! XD

Tacto
    Tacto

:D :D :D This is perfect in so many ways! ^____^

This is such a cute story. I love the theme that’s wrapped around it. I felt so bad at the end when Lottie still couldn’t enjoy her time in the kitchen T-T.

sora1027
    Participant

I really like the art style a lot. It’s very distinctive and I really like how expressive the characters are. I also like the storyline, I want to find out why Lottie (I love her nickname too) doesn’t like cooking. I also like characters who have children, we don’t see that a lot. Maybe it something we see more often in Josei but I’m thrilled by it. I can’t wait for the second half.

Sko
    Participant

I like to see a characters with kids and family and I like that Peregrine is trying to cook for her, although she seem’s sad at the end but I still think it’s really cute! I want to see the next chapter

I just finished this! So cute! The ending is very satisfying and adorable… Go check it out <3

Tacto
    Tacto

This is such a jem.. *__* Wonderful, light and touching story and I am just absolutely in love with the art as well – simple yet very stylish and so expressive..
    This is my favorite short comic in a long time – I hope we’ll get more stories from Alexis! :D

Thanks for your great responses, folks! We were all super happy with how this story came out, and we’re definitely hoping to work more with Alexis in the future. ;-) Stay tuned!

joichi
    joichi
    Participant

This is such a unique art and I love the gentle way it eases me into the character’s life. I love parent-to-child josei manga so this was a welcoming surprise. My fave part of the artwork is how characters gesture and there’s a sense of movement in everyone. Peregrine is such a charming dad and the way his situation is tackled, is done well!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.