× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Conventions/Events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hey, y’all!

I created a Google Sheets for us to enter the contact info and dates for the conventions or events we’ll either attend, work, or think will benefit Sparkler. There’s also a column (S.T. Member) to help us organize who’s enter the record (row).

Looking forward to some productive press!! :D

~Corinna

CourtneyLunn

I’ll start adding all the cons here in Toronto during my work break :)

Rebecca Scoble
    Keymaster

This is great! Thanks, guys!

CourtneyLunn

I added a bunch of the bigger cons that I knew of in Ontario (I’m missing the one from Ottawa, but I couldn’t remember the name of it), and one from Quebec. I have access to a list of cons in North America from the Artist Alley FB group that I’m a part of. I’ll check those out later to add them to this list as well :)

Just as a heads up for when you add to the spreadsheet… There’s a sheet for 2014 and 2015, so be sure to double-check you’re in the right sheet. ^_^

CourtneyLunn

Oops, sorry! ^^;

Fixed.

Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

This looks great, guys! We just put in another big order for promotional postcards (this time of the Tokyo Demons pink cuddle picture), so if you need postcards for an upcoming con, just email store@chromaticpress.com with your address and we’ll ship some to you!

Here are our two designs right now:

They’re one-sided postcards, which means the back can be used for scribbled notes, or it can be shipped through the mail (with a message and a stamp) like a regular postcard.

CourtneyLunn

omg I love that TD illustration so much <3

I had a lot of people asking me about the WindRose postcards a couple weekends ago when I had them at my AA table. I’d love to see people’s reaction to that cute Tokyo Demons one :D

Aww… TD illustration is SO adorable!! xD

Rebecca Scoble
    Keymaster

We had some TD postcards with this design at TCAF last spring, and they went really fast. So we figured it was time to reprint. And I think if someone doesn’t like badass ladies with swords OR adorable snuggling, Sparkler probably isn’t for them :D

caporushes
    Participant

I can’t enter stuff into the spreadsheet, not really part of the street team, but hey here’s a list of stuff:

Geek Girl Con Oct 10-11 2015 Seattle, WA http://geekgirlcon.com/
    Sakuracon April 3-5 2015 Seattle, WA http://www.sakuracon.org
    Kumoricon Sept 4-7 2015 Vancouver, WA https://www.kumoricon.org
    Olympia Comics Fest (no dates picked yet, it’s usually in June and free) I volunteer for this one, and it’s run by the owners of a local comics shop here. What would be absolutely killer would be if someone could guest, but I know none of the staff or artists are even remotely local and the guys are really weird about guest selection. (They have them do signings so prefer someone whose work they carry in the store…) It’s a thought though.

sgl

Not part of team either, but I have gotten a table at Momocon in ATL from May 28-31st.
    http://www.momocon.com/

I am probably going fairly art-lite this time around ( just so busy) and can focus more on books. If you have postcards you can spare, happy to set them up alongside books/other free bookmarks.

Whatever excess is left, I can give to the folks at Oxford Comics (they put them by the register). Let me know if this interests you– no need to say anyhthing now until you know your full schedule for the first part of 2015!

I’ve added the convention info posted by Caporushes and sgl to the Google Spreadsheet.
    Thanks for the information!! <3
    I also moved the current year sheet to the front.

Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

Thank you for all your help with this, guys! I’m sorry we’ve been out of touch – the staff member we were hoping to put in charge of the Street Team recently left the company, so we’re reorganizing things. (And the change to Freemium over the last few months basically took all hands on deck, ha ha.)

We’ve gotten confirmation that we have tables or booths at the following shows this year:

TCAF (Toronto Comic Arts Festival): May 9th – 10th, 2015

Connecticon: July 9th – 12th, 2015

Yaoicon: Sept 18th – 20th, 2015

We’ve been trying to arrange a table for Anime North as well (we used to work in that con all the time, and debuted Tokyo Demons Vol 1 there), but haven’t gotten a confirmation or rejection yet. We were considering SPX, but it’s a little far out of our comfort range geographically, so we’ll probably skip it this year.

CourtneyLunn

Who did you e-mail for Anime North Lianne?
    Were you guys were looking for an industry table?

Not sure if you looked into it, but if you wanted to have AN hand out flyers/pamphlets for Sparkler, you can contact the same person as the industry tables and figure out something with them:

Regina Simon Beecham
    AN 2015 Industry Tables Coordinator
    displaytables@animenorth.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.