× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Awake general chat

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Awake discussion Awake general chat

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

Awake: Chapter 1 (audio drama) will be released with Issue #1 of Sparkler Monthly at the end of July 2013. Post your general thoughts on the series here!

Of the two authors, Tory Woollcott is a beloved Toronto comic artist and writer whose backlist includes Mirror Mind, a graphic novel about growing up dyslexic. Barabara is a group of writers who just start screaming every time we ask for biographical information.

Rebecca Scoble, director and music composer, is Chromatic Press/Sparkler’s audio department head. She’s spent the last two years directing, editing, and composing for Tokyo Demons Audio.

The illustrator, Angela Sham, is an incredible hand animator and illustrator much loved by Tumblr and the Homestuck community.

This will be Chromatic Press/Sparkler’s first full audio drama (Tokyo Demons Audio is a dramatized audio book), and we’re super excited about it. It includes the voice talents of Rielle Braid, Jae Jae Lopez, Jesse Hodson, Annemieke Wade, Alex O’Shea (voice of Jo Oda in Tokyo Demons Audio), and Adam Ford (voice of Adam Nguyen in Tokyo Demons Audio).

CourtneyLunn

Just curious when the character art for Robbie, Seb, and Rosa will be up? I need to know if they match my head canon :)

Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

Good timing–the final character designs actually came in last night, and they look awesome. We’ll post them with Chapter 2 on next Friday’s update. <3

Rebecca Scoble
    Keymaster

Oh yeah, in case anyone missed them, you can see all 6 completed character designs on the Awake character page: http://sparklermonthly.com/series/awake/?template=characters

They’re all so freaking cute!

gomidog
    Participant

Oh my gosh, I remember picking up Mirror Mind at the MoCCA Comic Festival a few years back. It was a really enlightening look at dyslexia. That’s interesting that the creator is involved in Awake. Pretty Nifty!

Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

Yay, gomidog is on the forums! I can’t wait until we make a CERTAIN AWESOME ANNOUNCEMENT about you. :) Very soon now.

Yeah, Tory’s book on dyslexia really opened my eyes, too. I know it’s made a splash in the educational market (school, libraries, etc.). She’s been fantastic on Awake. Working her butt off with the rest of the team! This project is extremely hard. :D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.