× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Awake: Chapter 9 discussion

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Awake discussion Awake: Chapter 9 discussion

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca Scoble
    Keymaster

This is the thread for discussion of Awake Chapter 9, released in Issue #011 of Sparkler Monthly. Spoilers up to and including this point are expected, so beware!

You no longer need to be a Free Member to post; anyone can comment below. Rules of the forum are here.

Have fun!

NoNane

So, for the first time, Travis has taken the words right out of my mouth (Alex O’Shea carrying something over from his other role, perhaps?). Damn. “Nightmare scenario” couldn’t be more accurate.

So, anyone want to take a stab at how many people will die?

(Hehe, “stab”.)

NoNane

Oh. I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this, but code green is often used as an emergency code in hospitals. There’s no standard in the United States, but the Wikipedia article lists a few of them. Code green is used as the severe weather warning in a few Florida schools, the code for general evacuation in certain Canadian hospitals, and UnityPoint Health uses code green to indicate the presence of a combative person.

However, I find I am most interested in Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center’s interpretation of code green. In that hospital, it means “Internal disaster.”

Take that how you will.

Rebecca Scoble
    Keymaster

When you find yourself agreeing with Travis, that’s a very bad sign.

:D

NoNane

I just came back here and re-read that post, and oh man I must have been oh so sleep deprived to have admitted that. But the internet never forgets.

Never…

Also, congrats on the Gauntlet Kickstarter!

Rebecca Scoble
    Keymaster

The internet will also never forget the time you posted the pun about stabbing :D

Thanks, NoNane! We’re excited to have another print book on the way!

Tacto

Catching up on everything, finally >__< Amazing chapter, again.. I really enjoyed how complex and truthful the whole setting is – it feels real, the emotions feel real. I am worried for Robbie and the rest of the crew now.. T__T

CourtneyLunn

I can finally post, haha!
    I went on a week vacay as soon as the chapter came out.

And as always, I cannot wait for the next chapter to see how this unfolds! I’m worried the story is going to go all 2001 Space Odyssey.

Oh. I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this, but code green is often used as an emergency code in hospitals. There’s no standard in the United States, but the Wikipedia article lists a few of them. Code green is used as the severe weather warning in a few Florida schools, the code for general evacuation in certain Canadian hospitals, and UnityPoint Health uses code green to indicate the presence of a combative person.

However, I find I am most interested in Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center’s interpretation of code green. In that hospital, it means “Internal disaster.”

NoNane, I’m really interested in this. I’m thinking it’s either combative person, or internal disaster. Travis did mention Robbie is a big guy. As much as I don’t want to see one of my fav characters go bad, it might go that way :c

For internal disaster that makes sense too. Rosa losing her role as captain, the software tech going missing. And to note no one is doing their job now.

There was more I wanted to talk about but can’t remember atm. Guess I’ll just have to listen to the chapter again :)

Rebecca Scoble
    Keymaster

Just so you know, I recorded some Naveen dialogue today. Does that count as a teaser? :D

CourtneyLunn

augh, why must you do this to meeeeee. I have a whole month to wait >.<
    I wanna hear it so bad!

Rebecca Scoble
    Keymaster

Maybe you have a bit less than a month to wait :D

We haven’t announced it anywhere that official yet, but we’re changing our publishing schedule next month. So Awake 10 is coming sooner than you’d expect.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.