× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Awake: Chapter 6 discussion

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Awake discussion Awake: Chapter 6 discussion

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca Scoble
    Keymaster

This is the thread for discussion of Awake Chapter 6, released in Issue #007 of Sparkler Monthly.

Rules of the forum are here. Only registered users on the Sparkler site can comment, but you can sign up for a free registration now at http://sparklermonthly.com/membership-checkout/

Spoilers for chapter 6 are assumed for this thread. Have fun!

CourtneyLunn

omigodomigodomigod. Sooooo many goodies here! And what a cliffhanger goddamn guys you know how to get me wanting more, haha.

Spoilers ahead!
    Soooooo I guess there was some sort of relationship with Jamilah and Rosa now? I sure yelled “oh shit WHAT?” out loud in my livingroom when I heard Rosa say that. I def I need to know what’s going on! And poor Robbie! I think he’s going to cave soon, he seems like the weakest link in the group.

I could rant more about this but I’m going to go have another listen now :3

Leslie Kirby

If I hadn’t been listening to this chapter at 6 a.m., I would have legit shrieked at that cliffhanger ending! I’ll be on tenterhooks until the next installement! *chews fingernails down to nubs*

Rebecca Scoble
    Keymaster

Official Sparkler policy is to make listeners/readers flip out with feelings at least once per chapter. So I’m glad to see it’s working! :D

sora1027
    Participant

Oh man, I hope Seb is okay. That ending sounded intense. This chapter called for one “Oh Snap” and at least two “Holy $hit” moments. I can’t wait for the next chapter!

Tacto

J..J..Jamilah…!!! TT__TT I have a bad bad bad feeling about this.. that painting is not there for Janelle not to see her old.. that’s all I’m going to say.. *goes to cry in a corner*

And gosh I hope Travis got to Seb on time..!! >___<;;;

CourtneyLunn

What do you think Jamilah’s painting means Tacto? I’m getting more curious about it now too. And I like to hypothesize with people about Awake stuff other than my boyfriend, haha. I get the feeling she’s hiding something in the pod with her. Not sure what though

Tacto

OK, this is most probably my morbid imagination or the lack of sunshine or all of the above, but I think Jamilah’s not in her pod.. It is possible that someone else is there – someone she cares very much about.. or that the pod is empty.. but I have a bad feeling about Jamilah herself – I don’t think she’s alive anymore.. >__<

CourtneyLunn

ooooooooooh! I never even thought of that! But if everyone has a pod already on the ship and all they have to do is carry out their term, wouldn’t she still have her pod? Or do you mean she took someone else’s time (the way I think someone would really show they care for them is to take their time on the ship) and then took their pod later? Is that even possible? OH GOSH SO MANY NEW QUESTIONS!

And if the pod is empty, what the hell happened to Jamilah? ROSA TELL US YOUR SECRETS! Haha. Oh man, what if there was more than just one body and Jamilah is dead somewhere else on the ship? I wonder what happens to pods when people die, are they left where they are and just turned off? Or do they move them to a….I dunno…”dead people pods room”? Not sure what to call it. Because if the pods get moved, then there’s a greater chance that she or someone else is in there at least.
    What if she knew someone was going to kill her so she left that hidden video key to let Janelle know who her killer is? Just speculation of course. I mean, if one guy can get killed off and almost be forgotten, why not two people?

I hope you guys don’t mind me rambling ^^;

Tacto

Wow, Courtney! :D So many ideas! I love how we have hints, but it is still pretty much impossible to tell what’s going on on Persephone ^^ – suspense suspense.. I really like your idea of Jamilah hiding something in her pod – that sounds like a pretty good hiding place, actually.

Rebecca Scoble
    Keymaster

:D :D :D

And that’s all I can say about that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.