× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Awake: Chapter 2 discussion

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Awake discussion Awake: Chapter 2 discussion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca Scoble
    Keymaster

This is the thread for discussion of Awake Chapter 2, released in Issue #002 of Sparkler Monthly.

Rules of the forum are here. Only registered users on the Sparkler site can comment, but you can sign up for a free registration now at http://sparklermonthly.com/membership-checkout/

Have fun!

CourtneyLunn

Oh gosh, I just listened to it for the second time already (wanted to experience it with a better sound system once I got home).

Robbie would be the best person to have front row if you were a comedian by the sounds of it. Good lord he’s adorable.

I wonder if Persephone would tell jokes like Siri if Robbie ever asked her.

Rebecca Scoble
    Keymaster

She could read him transcripts of famous comedy routines–without any emotion, expression or comic timing.

She probably also has access to a sound clip of a laugh track.

This can only go poorly.

NoNane

Only if by “Poorly” you mean “Fantastically”.

So, quick rant, I think Rosa is forgetting something very important here. Her point about the likelihood of this being a murder is correct, but she forgets that, despite the implied size and complexity of Persephone, the chances of all of those things going wrong at once is extremely small. So small, in fact, that the chances of it being orchestrated by other members of the crew are probably the same or higher than it the chances of it being an accident.

Then again, a 50% increase in a tiny risk is still tiny.

Tacto

I love Hina’s voice ^^
    Robbie knows things.. And I wonder.. what if someone wanted to be thought of dead, but wasn’t?
    So many possibilities.. can’t wait to hear more ^__^

Rebecca Scoble
    Keymaster

Thanks for all the love, guys! I’m so glad people are enjoying Awake!

I think Rosa is forgetting something very important here.

Interesting! Keep in mind that Rosa’s main goal throughout the whole argument has basically nothing to do with finding a real solution to the mystery. She just wants them all to stop flipping out so nobody does anything stupid. Forensics isn’t her job–her job is to keep the rest of the crew physically and mentally together enough that the ship keeps running.

I love Hina’s voice ^^

I know, right? Rielle is so freaking talented–we’re really lucky to have her!

what if someone wanted to be thought of dead, but wasn’t?

I don’t know, but Persephone is very helpful if you ask the right questions. :D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.