× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Another Question About Forum Contests

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    NoNane

So, fellow user Nelia has started a fanart competition over there where that link goes, so I was wondering, would there any interest in doing a similar competition for fanfiction? I will admit that I would, unfortunately, be unable to run said competition, but I would be extremely interested in participating from time to time. So, is there anyone else here that would be interested in participating in/running a fanfiction contest on here?

(Also, I do realize that it’s bad form to propose something like this without being able to run it, but I really don’t have the skills required.)

Spindizzy

I would definitely be up for participating (and have been wondering if there was a writing contest since I saw the art one). I’m afraid I don’t have the knowledge to run it either, but it would be fun to do.

Neila
    Participant

I was debating trying to run a concurrent fanfiction/ writing prompt challenge along side the art prompt one. I’ve participated in the writing prompt challenge on the Fantasy Faction forums and it’s a lot of fun and great practice.

It’s cool to see people are interested in a writing challenge though! I’m just not sure I could handle running it myself. Would you guys want me to run it too? I’m sure I could find a way to do it, especially if it’s a Flash Fiction challenge with 2000 or fewer words per story.

Neila
    Participant

Hey, would you guys be up for a writing challenge that has the same prompts as the art challenge? I meant to ask that yesterday. :o But then I could run them concurrently! :D

NoNane

Honestly that depends on the prompt. You’d have to make sure that each month’s prompt works both with art and writing, which could potentially limit your options. However, it could open up the possibility of collaboration between artists and writers, which would be extremely interesting. Honestly though, I’d be down for that most of the time.

Neila
    Participant

That might be interesting. Getting entries that have a short story + art to go with them would be cool! Kind of like a mini forum light novel-esq short story exercise.

My work load is making me second guess my ability to run both challenges myself though. :C

Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

Sorry, guys, I’ve been really sick. I’d like to run a writing prompt here, but apparently there are some legal issues with fanfiction that Sparkler needs to sort out before we host any fanfiction on the official site. Nothing major, we just need a disclaimer or something and I haven’t had time to write one up.

However, if this is original fiction, no problem – you can do whatever you want now. It’s just fanfiction that we’ll do more formally later.

Neila
    Participant

Thanks for letting us know Lianne! I hope you get well soon! Did you get hit with the flu that’s going around?

Which would you guys prefer then? to do Fan-fiction or Original short fiction as prompts? We could do an original fiction prompt, but I know some of you said you have more experience with writing fan-fiction. I’m rubbish at that myself, all my fan-fiction turns into original stuff. haha XD

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.