Topic: Announcing: Cherry Bomb | Sparkler Monthly
× Try our new book subscription, Sparkler Ships! Get the April box or order all three!

A MONTHLY DIGITAL MAGAZINE OF COMICS, PROSE AND AUDIO

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Announcing: Cherry Bomb

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Cherry Bomb Announcing: Cherry Bomb

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Lianne Sentar Lianne Sentar 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Lianne Sentar
    Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

Print Print

Last night we announced our upcoming Cherry Bomb line, which will be 18+ Sparkler bonuses. Starting next month! It will begin as tie-ins to existing or upcoming Sparkler series, and will eventually include some original stuff as well. We’ll have prose shorts, comics, pin-ups, and…maybe sexy audio?! O.O Post your questions, suggestions, or requests here. :3

Rules of the forum are here. Only registered users/subscribers on the Sparkler site can comment, but if you don’t fall into either camp, you can sign up for a free registration now!

okaykarendraw
    Participant

When I saw the promo images, the first thing I thought was “Is there an illustration for the Sachi 18+ story?” So I guess my question is IS THERE CAUSE OH MY GOD do I even want to know (yes I do)

also, the Cherry Bomb logo is spot on (hah pun), love the romance comic pulp vibe I’m getting!

scotty6000
    scotty6000
    Participant

Will you be having open submissions for this in the same way you hold your regular submissions? Or will you be closing submissions for this new line up and instead seeking particular artists for pitches?

And this is such a fun idea! I cant wait to see more from this new line up! <3

caporushes
    caporushes
    Participant

I said this on Twitter but– I AM EXCITED?! I’m looking forward to all the filthy extras to come in the future! Yippee! :3

CourtneyLunn
    CourtneyLunn

Hoboy! Looking forward to some Awake goodies <3

sora1027
    Participant

Will everything get sexy spinoffs? I’m excited, I can’t wait!

Lianne Sentar
    Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

@okaykarendraw – Ooooooh, yes. The Sachi 18+ story was tricky to illustrate, since we didn’t want it to be, uh, shouta-esque? O.o But rem did a really, really awesome job, and somehow made it classy yet REALLY EFFECTIVE. The Sachi x Kado fans are gonna flip.

The Cherry Bomb logo was done by Lissa Pattillo, our web admin and top designer! We went through a million iterations, so she worked hard on that, ha ha. (She also did the logo for Sparkler, Gauntlet, Dead Endings, Awake…)

@scotty6000 – Right now, Cherry Bomb is only through our regular creators and a few additional people we specifically approached (like Spica). We have a very particular type of erotica in mind – stuff with context, feels, and a purpose (we’re avoiding PWP) – so we didn’t want to open up submissions until we published some stuff first and creators could “understand” what we’re looking for. But we’ll probably have some variation of open submissions for it later, yes.

@Najela – We’re not requiring sexy spin-offs from all our creators, but most of them have expressed an interest in doing something, so most of the series will probably have a Cherry Bomb piece(s) at some point.

Is there a particular series you guys really want smut from? If you ask, I can forward this thread to that creator. :3

gomidog
    gomidog
    Participant

MRS. SHINN: It’s a smutty book. Like most of the others you keep here, I dare say.

Michelle Erickson
    Michelle Erickson
    Participant

My inner fan girl wants to age Tory and Colin into college for this :).

sora1027
    Participant

Are some of the stories from Cherry Bomb a part of the story’s canon? (with the exception of dreams and fantasies)

Lianne Sentar
    Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

@Najela – Right now, all of Cherry Bomb is canon. Some are fantasies, some are backstories; they’re all written or planned by the creator and fit into the canon universe. (Fantasies and dream sequences are part of the character’s canon development, for example.)

animatorwannabe
    animatorwannabe
    Participant

I second Off*beat smut! <3
    Also, I remember that at one point Tokyopop had this audio edition of a chapter in the book.
    Will we have audio in the future?

Also I know it may be the end of Off*beat but will their be any extra stories..?
    Maybe a bonus book depicting their college life?

I know this isn’t the place to ask, but might as well…
    If you remember a story named Steady Beat from Tokyopop.
    Will you be trying to contact that artist like her and others as well?
    I want to see stuff from her. xD

Lianne Sentar
    Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

@animatorwannabe – Sorry for the late reply! To answer your questions:

1) Off*Beat going audio was a stretch goal we didn’t make in the Book 1-2 Kickstarter, so we had to shelf that idea. It’s a possibility in the future, but we’ll have to see.

2) For possible Off*Beat extra stories and smut, you’ll have to see how Vol 3 ends first. :)

3) Steady Beat was written/drawn by Rivkah, and I think she’s been working on other stuff since then. (Not for us, but still worth checking out. <3) And we've already been working/will work with lots of other ex-TOKYOPOP alumns: Christy (Dire Hearts) did RE:Play, Irene (illustrator on Dead Endings) was the artist for Mark of the Succubus, and we have another comic series starting soon by a pair of creators who have done manga for a number of publishers, including TOKYOPOP.

Kelly Hoolihan
    Participant

Any idea yet how often there will be Cherry Bomb collections? I really love all the insight these stories give into the characters, since a main story may not always touch on this stuff (what with being busy with murders or gangs or survival or what have you).

Lianne Sentar
    Lianne Sentar
    Keymaster

@khooliha – Sorry for the late reply!

The Cherry Bomb stuff will be on an irregular schedule, but we’re hoping for a new product every other month or so. It depends on the creators and where they are in their series, really. Collections will be released when we have, like 3-6 products to bundle together at once.

I’m glad you like them! I think our creators all did a great job, and managed to stay insightful while being hot. We have a Gauntlet pin-up set coming soon (from T2A herself) with some queer and/or kinky interpretations of a few of the book’s relationships, which will be fun. <3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.