× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Reply To: What are you reading/watching/playing?

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Everything else What are you reading/watching/playing? Reply To: What are you reading/watching/playing?

sgl

I hate finishing games with troll endings which is why I gave up on XIII-2 and XIII-3. :/

Unlike with anime with trollish tendences, you put way more hours into most console games so the endings that aren’t all that resolved feel worse for some reason.

Speaking of which Nobuhiro the Fool had a typical Kawamori troll ending that bordered on stupid. Yone’s designs though are quite pretty, I’ll give her that.

Mushishi’s episode last week was beautiful. It was really probably one of the most beautifully structured eps I’ve seen in a long time.

Also been checking out random stuff for no particularly good reason such as
* (the new) Fate Stay Night (because someone commissioned art for Archer once and told me I had to see it)
* Sailor Moon Crystal (because)
* Yowapeda
* Log Horizon (always more interesting than SAO for me)
* Shirobako (because it’s about an anime studio and is done by PA Works who generally does good character drama but sometimes can go off the rails, cough, Glasslip)
* Denki-Gai (mostly just like picking out Akihabara scenery while they talk about manga stores)
* I Can’t Understand What my Husband is saying (5 minute comedy shorts on a woman who marries an otaku)
* Bonjour Sweet Love Patisseries: Another five minute short series that’s prefacing an otome mobile game out sometime in the near future. (DESIGNS ARE PRETTY.)

In all seriousness, most of these are fluffy anime or adaptations of light novel material so I’m not really sweating to keep up with any.

Missing Nozaki and “Irregular at Magic High school though”… nothing I’ve seen so far in the comedy lane or the “light novel” lane this season matches the intensity…

SAO: Bored by it. Maybe I’ll binge watch later.