× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Reply To: Awake actor roundtable

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Awake discussion Awake actor roundtable Reply To: Awake actor roundtable

five-pm

Oh! So exciting! ^__^
I would love to hear any of these questions answered (but it’s totally okay if they won’t be, I’m sure there will be other interesting questions and things to discuss):
To all the actors: Was your role in Awake your first time acting? (If not, could you tell us something about your acting experience?) Have you ever appeared on any podcasts before? (If so, please, tell us what were they) What do you think is specific to voice acting in an audio drama as opposed to other types of acting? Are you a fan of Japanese audio dramas? If yes, what are your favorites? Do you have a favorite seiyū? Who are they?
To Rebecca Scoble: Were any of the sounds aside from the actors’ voices recorded (er… from real life sound sources, like hitting something against something else to get a hitting sound, etc.) or are all sound effects purely digital? What can you tell us about Persephone and her voice? And… I don’t know enough to ask the right questions, but I would love to hear anything else (what you didn’t tell in the Sparkler podcasts yet) about your experience working on Awake, the editing process and such. It’s all so fascinating… I also have some questions about the story: Awake was first pitched as a comic, right? Were there any major changes to the plot when it became an audio drama? What are the chances of there being any more Awake stories? (Side stories?/A continuation?/As audio dramas?/In comic book format?/As prose?)
Will the round tables be a part of the bonus material of November 2014 complete MP3 release?
Can you tell as anything about the epilogue? Any hints? Has it already been recorded? If not, when is it going to happen?
To Jae Jae Lopez: How was it, playing both Janelle and Jamilah? Which role did you like better?
To everyone: Who is your favorite Awake character? Do you ship someone from Awake? If yes, who? how? Your favorite chapter of Awake? Favorite scene? Favorite line? Favorite illustration for Awake? Which part did you like working on the most? What turned out to be the most surprising aspect of working on Awake, something you did not expect or could not imagine before starting the project? What was frustrating about working on Awake, if anything?
Currently, what is your favorite Sparkler Monthly title? character? most anticipated new release from Sparkler? (a new chapter of something?/an ebook/a paperback)