× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Reply To: Awake: Chapter 11 discussion (final chapter)

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Awake discussion Awake: Chapter 11 discussion (final chapter) Reply To: Awake: Chapter 11 discussion (final chapter)

Joamette Gil
Participant

I listened to this chapter and when I got to the end I just sat up in my bed, shouted NO!! and threw a stuffed animal. What terrible thing have you done to me…! I’ve got a life to live, you know! A normal, grownup life that involves leaving my house and not crying into a stuffed cat about how sad fictional space people are.

Seriously though, I am a hard sell on audio dramas, and Awake really knocked it out of the park. My sincerest and most heartfelt congrats to everyone involved– you guys did it, and it was so, so good!

I was just about to ask you elsewhere if you had finished it already, haha! :’D This blew me away. This was my FIRST audio drama experience, and it wow’d me. I’ve never even felt tempted to try them, but when I saw the character design for Hina, I thought, “Oh my god. I love this. I lack this. I /need/ this in my life.” So I have it a shot and was in no way disappointed. On the fangirlish side, I was stuck there screaming “ROBBIE WHY DON’T YOU JUST NOT GO IN THE POD AND SPEND THE NEXT 29 YEARS WITH HINA.” I was beside myself. I can see Hina being really, really emotionally confused for a few years after waking up again (joy at seeing her family, anger and trauma at waking up in a time and place she didn’t choose, love and maybe even some hate for Robbie as her emotions grow more confused). Uuuuuuugh, I need that epilogue, like, NOW.