× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Reply To: Awake: Chapter 8 discussion

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Awake discussion Awake: Chapter 8 discussion Reply To: Awake: Chapter 8 discussion

CourtneyLunn

Went back and listened to all the chapters over again, and the scene where Robbie asks Persephone to pull up a photo of Naveen and then asks her if he’s handsome, that was him comparing himself to Naveen I think. Like, wondering if he could compete with Naveen for Hina’s affection. That was probably around the time where he fell in love with her. So cute <3
Seriously guys, I got a bad case of the Robbie/Hina here.

And Tacto, if Robbie did help erase all the files (which I’m sure he’s capable of, being the best technician in 600 years) do you think he’d need a lot of convincing from Rosa? (I assume its Rosa that would convince him since shes the Captain and seems like she would do anything for Jamilah) He keeps talking about how Rosa looks after everyone, and I feel like he sees her as a mom figure, and if your mom tells you to do something, you’d do it if you were Robbie, haha.
And who knows, maybe Rosa told him what happened and he felt really bad for Jamilah and her kid and in turn was willing to help? Janelle mentioned that he had a troubled childhood and maybe it meant something to him.

Again, all speculation, haha. Listening to the chapters from the beginning after getting all this juicy info from Jamilah is helpful for getting new ideas in your head :)

And if you guys have any spare time, grab the transcript of each chapter Jamilah talks in and read her lines. She was so obviously preggers and I never realized it! Talking about being sick all the time and craving candy bars from her childhood out of nowhere :3