× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Reply To: February is audio month~!

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Everything else February is audio month~! Reply To: February is audio month~!

abillyhiggins
Participant

Thank you so much for your quick and informative response!

I was curious what your opinion was on slice of life, since I saw that “drama” was one of the genres you were most interested in, and was wondering what definition of drama was being used. I appreciate your clarification of that, as well as your summation of a good Sparkler submission as featuring “really bad things happening to characters they love, really good things happening to characters they love.” That’s a helpful phrase and one which I will keep in mind as I try and put together another pitch.

“TJ and Amal” has an interesting opening. I’ll have to add that to my to-read list.

I agree that research is so important when dealing with trans* characters/narratives. The trans* world definitely needs more representation, but that representation needs to be fueled by a truth — and there are a number of truths which wouldn’t be readily apparent to a cis person who hasn’t read up on the subject (and even a cis person who has read up on the subject can still be subject to the vagaries of writing about a topic they haven’t personally experienced).

Thank you so much for your time, and I hope you get a bunch of great pitches!