× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Reply To: February is audio month~!

Home Forums Sparkler Monthly Public Forums Everything else February is audio month~! Reply To: February is audio month~!

abillyhiggins
Participant

Wow, thank you so much for starting this thread! I wanted to submit, but was wondering if I was on the right track or not. What perfect timing!

Here’s my pitch:

Night Owls is a mood — the hushed yet momentous feeling that strikes when you’re having a one-one-one conversation at three in the morning. It features the philosophical ramblings of an A-student named Charlie, who’s watching her life crumble before her eyes. As well, it features those of a drunk, insomnia-ridden FtM trans man named Louis whose life crumbled when he was just a kid. The hope is to chart the development of Louis and Charlie over the course of four conversations, as Louis looks for his estranged mother, and Charlie deals with a dead mother and loss of purpose. It’s a slice-of-life college drama, broken up into four distinct chapters, each roughly 22 minutes long. Each of these chapters will revolve around one night’s conversation — each night taking place roughly two weeks after the last one.