× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Reply To: Tokyo Demons Book 2: Chapter 7 discussion

Doreibo

Hehe it is good to be back in the loop. I had my suspicions about ‘mother’ but I don’t think I had made that final link to Touya, though hindsight does reveal a lot. :p Everything is always a puzzle, even the viewpoints of our characters, and what they remember, or in this chapter, what they don’t. Kadoyuki, so desperate and little. He really screwed himself over this time. I suppose when you are hooked on pitch for as long as Touya would have been, it screws you over, if not mentally then physically.

When I heard that Ochi’s mother was a dream reader I wondered what Ochi’s power was but reading that no psychics get the same ability in the blood line I guess I wasn’t sure what to expect, except that it would have to be immense to cause him to go to the depths he does. Kadoyuki admittedly seems like he is worse off than Ochi, but that may be because he has to deal with what goes on in the present.

I wonder, can Touya see his own demise, and is what he sees flexible, or set in stone? So he cannot see the things that happen in the past? Maybe that is why he couldn’t tell if Shouri was alive, until Kadoyuki told him. . . I am assuming Kadoyuki was lying when he said he wasn’t talking about Shouri. That does explain why he was so frustrated at hearing her die. Not because he wanted to mate with her, but because if Nick couldn’t save her, some one with a lesser dosage of Pitch in her, then he couldn’t save Touya, who had a lot more in him. With the revelation that Touya is dying and needs to be weened off Pitch to survive we see a more desperate side to him. I’m still a little confused, he can see the future, but if it is not due to his Malum trait and in fact due to a supernatural trait, then he would be suffering as much as Wipe has due to a reconfiguration of his brain. I guess his Malum trait is what is allowing him to stay ‘sane’.

Could it be that Kadoyuki and Touya are related? If what Kadoyuki said about his family was true, that they live as a psychic blood line in a compound. Then inbreeding would be part of the problem, as Daniel mentioned in prior chapters. But that aside, if Touya’s ability is supernatural then he must have come from a bloodline. Perhaps being Malum is what got him thrown out and left him open to be adopted by Zero. Unless the combination of the two was an intentional trait. Would it be more or less likely that the bastard child Kado’s mother had when they eloped was Touya, and Kadoyuki was the result of a coupling on her return? Far cry there, but just throwing out possibilities. I do wonder if the Father was any one significant. . . Still, if Touya is both Super human and Super natural then he would cop a lot from both sides. Especially as a psychic.

I wonder who it was in Kado’s past that he trusted, and that hurt him. . . How many, and of what import. . . It isn’t too late to save every one. . . Is it too late for Kadoyuki? With Wipe’s new power he seems to have ranked up in danger and usefulness. He is such a loose canon though.