× FINAL DAYS to Kickstart the Before You Go graphic novel!

A monthly digital magazine of comics, prose and audio

Lost password
Affiliate Partner with Hiveworks

Reply To: Tokyo Demons Book 3: Chapter 4, Part 2 Discussion

Slightly tipsy and it’s far past midnight, but I’m weighing in anyways!

The cliffhanger this chapter ended on is probably the worst ever. Ever. Look at Sachi. SACHI NO.

But he’s back! The fact that the first person he calls is Ayase is to be expected, but still touching. I’m going to theorize that Kado isn’t dead, only because I’m almost 100% certain Lianne would have just included that in the last sentence to crush our hearts instead of a cliffhanger. As it is, I’m going to guess he’s MIA, just like Touya. Why, I have no clue. It’s Kado so it’s probably something very smart, very noble, and very, very likely to make his life worse.

We got our answer about how dead/not dead Ayase is at least! Horray! I feel like the longer this series goes on, the less she’s going to be phased about terrible things happening to her body. Reform without an arm?? Welp that happened.

The way Aisha handled it is genius, and notably something none of us thought of in the other thread. Why not just ditch perfunctory organs? That’s also a great point about Ayase getting used to disfigurement. There have been lots of series parallels between her adjusting to her bug state as she becomes more comfortable with her human body/sexuality. She’s almost clinical about its morph abilities in this chapter.